GRAFUG Meeting January 10, 2009
Fox Pro News:
Nothing new to report.
Jody showed how she keeps her electrical cords together: She took an ordinary paper towel roll (after all the towels were used). Cut the left-over center roll in half and inserted the folded electrical cord inside it.
February 14, 2009 (Happy Valentine’s Day)
* Mike Timpe plans to use his laptop to establish a Remote Desktop connection to his work computer, create a “Go To Meeting” session and allows others attendees to see and control his computer in Kalamazoo.
* Cathy and Jody plan to demonstrate Skype’s capabilities with Cathy’s Web Cam.
March 14, 2009
* Mike Hogan will be talking on Internet Programming using Visual FoxPro and Web Connect. He will use his condo management and real estate applications as examples
* Bill Drew – will show his Grid Enhancements tutorial with an emphasis on a presentation method that he has created. For fun, he calls it Visible FoxPro. It has an authoring system to allow a presenter to show the bullet points on the same forms as the controls to be explained. It also features clicks to see properties and methods of the live controls.
June 13, 2009
* Representatives of Sybase’s Advantage Database Server team plan to demonstrate extending a VFP applications size of data capabilities.
Mike Timpe could not make his presentation due to poor weather conditions. He will be doing his presentation in February.
We discussed how several of us connect to our customers:
* VPN – Virtual Private Network
* Skype – Allows chats, phone calls, file transfers over the internet
* RDP – Remote Desktop Protocol
We also helped a junior member of our group to create a table, open and close it. Use the Data Session Window to explain aliases, work areas, etc.
Looking forward to seeing everyone at the February meeting.
If you'd like to be removed from our mailing list, or this email did not reach your preferred email address, please let me know.